Children’s Dentist in Newburgh, NY
Where can you find a pediatric dentist you can trust?
It’s essential to care for your child’s teeth in order to prepare them for a lifetime of dental health. But a child’s specialized needs demand the expertise of an expert in dentistry for children. But many parents wonder, “Where can I find an outstanding pediatric dentist near me?” Look no further than our dental practice for a pediatric dentist you can trust. Our board-certified, skilled dentists have earned a reputation for making both kids and parents feel completely comfortable throughout their visit. We are committed to providing every child and parent with a positive dental experience and working closely together to help the child develop healthy dental habits for a lifetime of happy smiles.
How early should a child visit a kid’s dentist?
According to The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, every child needs to visit a dentist who specializes in dentistry for children by their first birthday. After all, your child is prone to cavities from the moment they get their first baby tooth. And once they have two teeth that touch, these teeth need to be flossed to prevent any cavities between them.
A major problem often seen by experts in dentistry for kids is when babies and toddlers develop a condition called baby bottle tooth decay. It occurs when the sugars in the child’s formula, milk, and juice stay on their teeth for long periods of time and cause tooth decay. This problem is more likely to occur when children fall asleep with bottles or sippy cups in their mouths. To avoid this problem, the child should never be given a bottle or sippy cup when they are put to bed.
What happens during a visit to a children’s dentist?
At your appointment with our exceptional pediatric dentist in Newburgh, your child’s teeth and jaw alignment will be gently examined for signs of any concerns. We want every child to feel completely comfortable and safe at our kid’s dental care practice, so we provide treatment based on their personal needs and preferences. In fact, your child’s level of comfort at the dentist and their age will determine whether the entire examination is performed on their own in the exam chair or while being held on a parent’s lap.
Occasionally, we need to take dental X-rays to detect any hidden problems like tooth decay or improper development. These X-rays are only required for older children.
Our practice specializes in dentistry for children and our entire dental team has extensive experience and training in the most effective treatments and latest procedures in dentistry for kids. As a result, you can be assured that your child’s smile will always be in good hands at our practice. We offer a full range of dental services to maintain and protect your child’s oral health at every stage of development. Our services include:
- Teeth Cleaning for Children: Our pediatric dentist and dental hygienist know the best was to encourage your child to let us clean their teeth.
- Fluoride Treatment for Children: Topical fluoride is a natural cavity protector that is applied onto the tooth enamel to make the teeth more resistant to tooth decay.
- Protective Dental Sealants for Kids: By sealing the deep grooves on the chewing surfaces of teeth, children have additional protection against tooth decay. Sealants are simply thin layers of plastic coatings that stop food, bacteria, and debris from getting caught in the teeth.
- Dental Fillings in Baby Teeth: When filling cavities in children, we can gently remove the decayed area of the tooth and seal it with an amalgam or tooth-colored filling.
- Tooth Bonding: We can repair minor chips and fractures in a tooth by bonding it with a tooth-colored material.
- Pediatric Crowns: Baby teeth crowns are needed when children have larger cavities or following a root canal to provide full dental protection.
- Baby Root Canal Treatment: When tooth decay affects the inner soft pulp of a baby’s tooth, the often suffer a persistent toothache that can only be relieved with a root canal. If all of the pulp must be removed, then a pulpectomy is performed. If just the tip of the pulp chamber requires removal, a pulpotomy is provided.
- Children’s Mouth Guard: Athletic activities can cause major dental damage. This is why the American Dental Association advises children to wear protective mouthguards during sports and any type of athletic training. Sports mouthguards form a barrier for the teeth to reduce the risk of having teeth knocked out, broken, or loosened by a strong force to the face.
We believe that preventing dental problems is just as important as repairing them, which is why we provide parents or caregivers with helpful tips to protect their child’s dental health at home. Our kid’s dentist will demonstrate how to properly brush a child’s teeth, as well as recommend the right toothbrush and toothpaste, and suggest kid-friendly ways to floss. We encourage parents to brush their child’s teeth until they are six years old or able to tie their shoelaces. A few more months may be required until a child can floss on their own.
If you are wondering, “Where is a good children’s dentist near me?,” call our dental practice today and let us help your child have a healthy, beautiful smile. Call us at (845) 764-9361 today to schedule your appointment or book an appointment online.