General Dentists in Newburgh
You have the power to give yourself the confident, healthy smile you deserve by following two basic steps: Exercise good dental hygiene by brushing and flossing your teeth on a daily basis, and schedule twice-annual dental exams and teeth cleanings with a general dentist who’s as dedicated to your dental health as you are.
No matter how long it’s been since your last visit, we can help. Call our general dentists in Newburgh today. The phone number is (845) 764-9361.
What Is a General Dentist?
In the simplest terms, a general dentist is someone who is trained health professional responsible for diagnosing and treating the oral health of people. They offer advice and education on proper dental hygiene routines that help to prevent teeth and gum disease, and can restore or enhance someone’s smile with restorative and cosmetic dental procedures.
What Does A General Dentist Do?
General Dentists help to prevent dental disease before it begins, treat dental issues that do arise, and enhance a patient’s overall smile and quality of life with a variety of effective restorative and cosmetic procedures. Their purpose is to ensure your lifelong dental health. In short, their focus and experience includes the following:
- Prevention: Stopping disease before it starts with professional teeth cleanings, teeth sealants, mouth guards and advice on the vital importance of good dental hygiene habits.
- Restoration: Procedures include fixing damaged teeth with fillings, crowns, and root canal treatment, and replacing missing or extracted teeth with bridgework, full and partial dentures, dental implants and crowns.
- Cosmetics: If you’re looking for a brighter, whiter more confident smile, your options include teeth whitening, bonding (for chipped or cracked teeth) and veneers.
- Health: Poor oral health affects more than just your teeth and gums. It’s been linked to cardiovascular disease, stroke, sleep apnea, diabetes and pregnancy complications.
What Services Are Offered?
From preventative to restorative to cosmetic, there are a vast array of treatment and procedures to meet just about any dental need for patients of just about any age. Below is a wide-ranging list of general dentistry options provided by the experienced dentists at this Newburgh office.
- Exams & Cleanings
- Oral Cancer Screenings
- Dental Care For Children
- Porcelain Crowns & Bridges
- Dentures & Partial Dentures
- Dental Implants
- Inlays & Onlays
- Composite Bonding
- Traditional & Clear Braces
- Cosmetic Gum Surgery
- Teeth Whitening
- Root Canal Treatment
How Often Should You Visit Your Dentist?
For most patients, coming in for dental exams and professional teeth cleanings twice a year will do the trick, but there are exceptions. Depending on your age, the status of your dental health and other individual factors, more frequent appointments may be encouraged or required.
How Much Does A Dentist Visit Cost?
The price of a visit can depend on what kind of service is needed, whether there is a pre-existing condition, whether an issue or complication is discovered during your routine exam, and what kind of insurance coverage you have. It’s our policy to provide you with a written treatment plan outlining the recommended services and associated costs before treatment begins, and we are happy to discuss any questions you have. We have built our reputation on providing quality dental care at affordable prices.
If you don’t have dental insurance, ask us about DentRite, a discount dental plan that can save you money on hundreds of dental procedures. You can enroll in our office or online at www.DentRite.com.
What Preparation Is Needed Before A Dentist Appointment?
If you want to get in and out of your appointment as quickly as possible, there are a few things you can do to help yourself, including:
- Arrive at your appointment in a timely fashion.
- Come prepared with your insurance information.
- Provide an up-to-date note of your current medical information, including a list of any prescriptions you might be taking.
- If you arrive feeling anxious about the appointment, alert the staff so we can help relax you and make your visit as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Are Dentist Visits Required?
If you want to have healthy teeth, a healthy mouth and a wonderful smile, the answer is yes. Electing not to see your dentist on a regular basis can only increase the chances of dental decay and disease that can result in more painful, expensive and complex dental treatment at a later time. In order to maintain a happy, healthy smile, it is highly recommended that you brush and floss daily at home and consistently keep up with your annual dental exams. Please call today to schedule an appointment with friendly staff.
Schedule An Appointment With Our General Dentist in Newburgh
Call our general dentist in Newburgh today for an appointment. We’re happy to schedule an appointment for you at the most convenient available time. Our phone number is (845) 764-9361.