General Dentists in Hudson Valley
If you desire the confidence that comes with an attractive, healthy smile, the solutions to achieving this goal are as simple as maintaining good, daily dental habits and scheduling regular dental examinations and cleanings with a dedicated general dentist who shares your same goal.
What Is A General Dentist?
A general dentist is like the dental version of a primary care physician in that the dentist provides for the basic needs of patients. General dentists address a wide range of teeth, gum and mouth analysis and treatments for patients of all ages – children to adults. A general dentist differs from a specialist whose expertise addresses more specific conditions and treatments.
How Can We Help?
Whether you are due for a regular dental exam and professional teeth cleaning or you desire cosmetic enhancements to produce a better smile, one of our general dentists in Hudson Valley can help you. Ultimately, it is their objective to ensure the lifelong health of your teeth, gums and mouth, and they accomplish this by providing the following:
- Prevention: Professional cleaning and polishing of your teeth, advice on your daily dental hygiene, custom-made mouth guards, and sealants can help stave off dental wear, decay and disease before it begins.
- Restoration: This covers everything from fillings to teeth replacement such as bridgework, dentures and dental implants.
- Cosmetic procedures: Treatments that enhance your smile such as teeth whitening, bonding (for chipped or cracked teeth), and veneers.
- Health: Taking care of your teeth can have a direct impact on issues beyond your mouth. Poor dental health has been linked to diabetes, cardiovascular disease, stroke, and other issues.
What Services Do General Dentists Offer?
Regardless of your age or dental condition, our general dentists in Hudson Valley can restore your oral health. Whether you need a cavity filled or you need your teeth replaced, aligned, removed or whitened, there is a preventative, restorative or cosmetic option available for you – and all with the emphasis of maintaining or improving your overall dental health. You can find any of the following treatments and general dentistry services at one of our Hudson Valley offices:
- Dental Exams
- Teeth Cleaning & Gum Therapy
- Oral Cancer Screening
- Dentures & Partial Dentures
- Dental Implants
- Sleep Apnea Treatment
- Dental Fillings
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Bridges
How Frequently Should You Visit?
On average, most patients visit their general dentist twice a year for a regular exam and thorough, professional teeth cleaning. However, depending on your age, your dental health and other individual factors, more frequent visits might be advised or required.
How Much Does A Dental Visit Cost?
Two main factors affect price:
1) What kind of services are rendered? For example, if a cavity is discovered then a filling or a crown will be needed, and that affects the cost.
2) Insurance coverage. If cost is a concern, please call one of our Hudson Valley-area offices for an estimate on the cost of your dental fees.
Our dental practices also accept DentRite, a discount dental plan that can save members hundreds of dollars. You can apply in our office or online at www.DentRite.com.
How Do You Make A Dental Appointment?
Whether you are a first-time patient or a returning patient to one of our Hudson Valley offices, scheduling an appointment is as easy as calling the friendly staff at the office nearest you and selecting the available time that is most convenient for you.
How Should You Prepare For A Dental Appointment?
To streamline your visit and shorten your stay as much as possible, it would be helpful if you:
- Arrive for your appointment on time.
- Have your insurance information available when you arrive.
- Provide up-to-date medical information, including prescriptions you’re taking.
- If you’re experiencing anxiety about the visit, please let us know so we can help relax you and make your stay as pleasant as possible.
Are Dental Visits Required?
Keeping up with your dental appointments significantly reduces the likelihood of dental decay, gum disease and any number of assorted complications. To keep your healthy, strong and wonderful smile, please call the friendly staff at one of our Hudson Valley offices today to make an appointment.