COVID-19 Safety Message: Visit our practice with confidence – your safety is our top concern.
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Ensure a Lifetime of Healthy Teeth for Your Child With Pediatric Dentistry in Yorktown Heights
Finding an affordable and experienced dentist you can trust with your child’s dental care can be challenging. At Family Dental Group of Jefferson Valley, we provide comprehensive dental care for children of all ages in a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
What Makes Pediatric Dentists Unique?
Children have different dental needs than adults. While general dentists may be able to address certain issues, others may be outside of their training and expertise. Our pediatric dental professionals work with pediatricians and general dentists to provide specialized dental care to children from birth through adolescence. As specialists, our dentists receive two to three years of training beyond dental school, including hospital training, which allows them to effectively treat patients with complex dental issues.
How Can Your Pediatric Dental Specialists Improve My Child’s Oral Health?
In addition to providing the routine cleanings and exams that are the foundation of good oral health, our dentists can identify any issues with the development of your child’s teeth that may require treatment by a pediatric oral surgeon or pediatric orthodontist.
When Should My Child See One of Your Children’s Dentists?
We urge all parents to take their child to a toddler dentist by the age of one or two. We realize that many children may be frightened by all of the new people, sights, and sounds they encounter during their visit, so we go the extra mile to make the experience as fun and positive as possible. You can help by rewarding your child with a special treat or fun activity after their visit.
What Do Your Kids’ Dentists Do?
During your child’s first visit, our dentist will visually inspect the teeth for signs of decay, check the gums for periodontal disease, take standard X-rays to check for hidden issues affecting the health and development of the teeth and gums, and perform a thorough dental cleaning. Your dentist will then work with you to address any areas of concern.
Do You Offer Children’s Pediatric Dentistry for Children with Special Needs?
Our dentists and staff have extensive training and experience in working with patients who have unique challenges, ranging from developmental disabilities to chronic medical conditions. From sedation to behavior management solutions, our dentists have the advanced training necessary to administer dental care to your child in a safe and comfortable environment. When you call to schedule an appointment, let us know your child’s needs and we will work with you to develop a care plan to ensure that your child feels safe and relaxed.
How Much Do Your Pediatric Dental Specialists Charge?
The cost of a pediatric dental visit can vary widely based on your child’s unique dental needs as well as the type of coverage offered by your dental insurance. We will go over the cost in detail once you and your child’s dentist have decided on a treatment plan. Even if you do not have dental insurance, we can help you find a financing option to make the cost more manageable. Call today for more information.
What Services Do Your Dentists Offer?
Our dentists are trained and equipped to offer the following types of pediatric dental services:
- Routine Checkups: Every child should start seeing a dentist regularly by their first birthday. Our dentists can identify early stages of tooth decay or gum disease and work with you to develop a comprehensive treatment plan to address your child’s dental issues.
- Dental Cleaning for Kids: Even with regular brushing and flossing, it is still important that children have regular dental cleanings no later than the age of three. We can also recommend products and dietary changes to ensure that your child’s developing teeth remain healthy.
- Pediatric Dental X-rays: X-rays are a common part of our pediatric dental exams. We may use X-rays to identify oral health issues, check for dental abnormalities, and monitor the progress of orthodontic treatment.
- Pediatric Periodontics: Gum disease can affect children as well as adults. Our dentists can help to prevent and treat periodontal disease using specialized cleanings and by recommending a personalized oral care regimen.
- Pediatric Emergency Dental Services: Falls, sports-related injuries, and other accidents can lead to broken teeth or other pediatric dental emergencies. With prompt treatment, our dentists may be able to save the tooth or reduce the need for more extensive dental care.
- Pediatric Dental Anesthesia: From laughing gas to general anesthesia administered in a controlled hospital environment, our dentist can recommend a sedation option appropriate for your child’s age and specific needs.
How Do I Find Out More About Your Children’s Pediatric Dentistry Services?
We are passionate about improving and protecting the dental health of children. Call today for more information about our services or to schedule a consultation with one of our pediatric dentists.