We are open - safety is our top priority!
Why is Visiting a Dentist General Practice Important?
If you want to keep your natural teeth for life, you need to visit a general dental office regularly for routine exams and teeth cleanings. Our dentist urges patients to come in every six months for a routine exam to catch problems early. If your dentist catches problems early on, they are easier and less expensive to treat.
What Does a General Dentist Do?
A dentist practicing general family dentistry will focus on maintaining your oral health and keeping your natural teeth healthy and intact. General dentists perform routine exams, fill cavities, offer oral hygiene instruction and more. You can expect your general dentist to diagnose and treat a wide range of dental problems for yourself and your family. If you are looking for a general dentist near me, please call us to schedule an appointment.
General Dentistry Services
We are proud to offer an array of preventative, restorative and cosmetic general dentistry services, including:
- Tooth Repair & Replacement – If you need a tooth repair or replacement, our dentist will go over your options with you to identify which restoration meets your needs.
- Crowns – Crowns, also called caps, completely cover a compromised tooth, giving it strength and an attractive appearance.
- Porcelain Crowns – Porcelain crowns are the most natural looking crowns since they have the same translucence as tooth enamel.
- Dental Bonding – Dental bonding is when a general dentist applies a tooth-colored composite resin material to teeth to repair them, close gaps between teeth or to change the tooth’s shape.
- Dental Bridges – Traditional dental bridges replace missing teeth with artificial teeth (pontics) held in place by crowns which go over neighboring teeth to support the bridge.
- Fillings – When you have a cavity, your dentist will remove the decay and fill the cavity to restore the tooth and to keep bacteria from being trapped in the space.
- Composite Fillings – Composite fillings are tooth-colored restorations suitable for small-to-mid size cavities and ideal for anyone with a metal allergy.
- Porcelain Fillings – Beautiful porcelain fillings bond directly to your tooth, creating a better seal than metal fillings, plus they are very durable and can last 15 years or more.
- Laser Dentistry – Using lasers, we offer virtually pain-free, fast general dentistry services with faster recovery times.
- Nitrous Oxide – Dentists use a non-allergenic nitrous oxide and oxygen mix during procedures to give anxious patients a safe way to relax.
- Sealants – Dentists apply sealants to the chewing surface children’s back teeth to act as a barrier against plaque.
How Often Should I See a Dentist?
If you’re an adult who enjoys good oral health, twice a year is enough. Dental insurance usually pays for a routine exam twice a year since it is so important to catch problems early when they are less expensive to treat. If you need a general dentist near me, please call our office today to schedule an appointment.
What Does a Dentist General Practice Charge for an Appointment?
Our general dentist can tell you what your cost for treatment will be after assessing your needs and talking to you about your treatment options. The treatment you need and your dental insurance coverage are the primary factors which affect your cost. If you don’t have insurance, don’t worry, there may be other options available to help you cover the cost of treatment.
What Are Dental Teeth Cleanings?
We suggest you have a routine teeth cleaning done every six months before your routine exam. Our dental hygienist will scrape plaque and tartar off your teeth and then polish them. Your teeth should look brighter and feel smooth and clean. Having a professional teeth cleaning twice a year can also help prevent gum disease, the leading cause of adult tooth loss.
How Long is the Average Appointment at a General Dental Office?
We understand that your time is important. If you’re here for a quick follow-up visit, your appointment may take less than 30 minutes. A routine exam takes about one hour. If you’re having extensive work done, your appointment can last for hours, but we will let you know if that might happen. If you’re concerned about getting back to work, school or picking someone up after your appointment, please ask about the length of your scheduled visit at the time you make your appointment.
What Will I Need to Bring to My Appointment at a General Family Dentistry Office?
We ask that you arrive at your scheduled appointment on time. We will need your dental insurance information, your medical history and a list of your medications. If visiting a dentist makes you apprehensive, please let us know so we can put you at ease.
If you’re new in town or you need a new general dentist in Brewster, please call our office to schedule your initial appointment.